Hello there, It’s been a long time that I haven’t shared any information on this blog. Now, I’d like to share my experience about visiting Singapore 3 days 2 nights to Singapore.
Well, this trip, I’d like to call it as a backpack trip, since I only brought a blue backpack, a regular school girl-backpack size. I went to Singapore using the most famous low cost airline, AirAsia Indonesia. My return fare from Jakarta, Indonesia to Singapore was cost me only for 440,000 IDR (44 USD), exclude Jakarta Airport Tax, very affordable, huh?
One thing to remember is that ask your Flight Attendant about Singapore Immigration card and remember to bring a pen, so that when you do your Immigration in Changi, you won’t spend many time. After Immigration is done, if you arrived at Terminal 3, you shall take Airport train to get you to the Terminal 2 (location where MRT to the City lied).
Don’t forget to bring an empty drink bottle and fill it up using tap water 😀 in the Airport 😀
Since I arrived at Changi before 10.00 AM Singapore time, the ticket office hadn’t yet opened, as a result, I needed to purchase a single trip MRT ticket, from Changi Airport to City Hall (ticket office opened in the morning). If you stay one-three days in Singapore, using Singapore Tourist Pass will give you so much advantage, for instance, you can get into MRT and bus as many as you want.
Singapore Tourist Pass Ticket for 3 days cost me: 30 SGD (20 SGD is the price, 10 SGD is deposit that you may get it back after returning the Singapore Tourist Pass).For more information, please visit : http://www.thesingaporetouristpass.com.sg/
How about the accommodation?
I stayed at River City Inn, located in Hong Kong Street, just get off at Clarke Quay MRT Station, go over the walking bridge and go to left so that you may find Hong Kong Street. River City Inn is the cleanest Hostel ever and they have amazing breakfast, especially the banana. I slept in mixed bed room that costed me around 36 SGD per night (10 dollars for deposit that will be returned after you check out). However, River City Inn location is on the third floor that you need to walk using the stairs ( a lil’ work out for me). If you want to book the River City Inn Hostel, I suggest you book as soon as possible, because It is always fully-booked. Here’s the link: http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/River-City-Inn/Singapore/43583
Next is my Itinerary:
- Arrive at the Changi, go to MRT ticket office, purchase Singapore Tourist Pass
- Check in at River City Inn Hostel and deposit the bag
- Have lunch at Bugis Street, noodle for only 2 SGD, do Shopping at Bugis Street (get off the MRT at Bugis Station and turn left as soon as you’re no longer in Bugis Junction), so many affordable necklace, bags, clothes, chocolates in here.
- Visit Orchard Road, ION Orchard, avoid the heat outside
- Back to River City Inn and take a bath
- Take an afternoon walk to Merlion (only 15 minutes from River City In), spend the night and have dinner at Merlion and Boat Quay
- Wake up very early (6 AM Singapore Time) and take a morning walk at Singapore Botanical Garden (get off at Botanical Garden MRT).
- Back to Hostel, take a bath, fill up drink bottle 😀
- Have Lunch at Chinatown, try the inevitably delicious Laksa, cost me 4 SGD
- Go to Jurong East for shopping at Outlet Mall in Singapore.
- Go to Orchard ION for buying green tea macaroons at TWG.
- Go to Garden by the bay, this is around 6 PM, Singapore time and wait until 7 PM, you will see the most amazing light performance in there.
- Go to Esplanade on foot from Garden by the bay and enjoy the music and the Hawker Centre near there.
- Visit The Cookie Museum, they have the most amazing rose and raspberry tea and also the rose cookie is amazing. (visit: http://www.thecookiemuseum.com)
- Get back to Hostel
- Since my flight will be at 03 PM Singapore Time, I shall be in the airport at 01 PM Singapore Time.
- Take a walk to Merlion and Clarke Quay in the morning, buy apple pie in McDonalds, for 1 SGD only.
- Go back to Hostel, packed up
- Go to Eunos and stopped by at VeganBurg, they have the most amazing burger ever. (visit: http://www.veganburg.com/menu/) (get off at Eunos Station and go to the market and cross the street, you’ll see the VeganBurg Resto, they open at 1130 AM Singapore Time)
- Go to Changi Airport, clear Immigration, check in Air Asia Indonesia, and have lunch.
P.S: Prepare a very good shoes for walking, since you will do lots of walking; wear a cotton clothes and a thin cardigan or jacket because the sun is shiny everyday and the weather is hot; wear also hot pants, sun glasses and a cap/hat; bring SPF 24 hand body lotion less than 100 mL; bring your own towel and toothbrush; download Singapore MRT Map and save in your mobile phone, visit: http://www.smrt.com.sg/Portals/0/PDFs/Trains/Network_Map_100112.pdf ; download Singapore Map from AppStore or Google Play Store and download its offline map, they will be useful for you 😉
ColdStorage and purchase Milo, Milo in every country has different taste.
Singapore Tourist Pass (deposit incl.) : 30 SGD
Hostel: 52 SGD + 10 SGD (deposit) = 62 SGD
Eating: 2 SGD + 7 SGD + 4 SGD+ 2 SGD = 15 SGD
Souvenirs: 20 SGD + 6 SGD = 26 SGD (dozens of chocolates and key chain haha)
Total: 133 SGD
Affordable, eh? Good Luck 😉